Personal Care Aides (PCAs)
A Personal Care Aide (PCA) assists older adults with the activities of daily living. PCAs enjoy working directly with clients, helping them with personal hygiene, light housekeeping, transportation, and more. If you have a passion for helping others and a positive outlook, we would love to hear from you.
Personal Care Aide responsibilities:
· Assist with bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, and moving clients in and out of bed (if necessary)
· Under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists, the PCA monitors vital signs and medications.
· Prepares nutritious meals for the client so he or she can enjoy home-cooked food
· Provides transportation to bring the client to appointments, stores, and events
· Assists in light housekeeping and washing laundry
· Accompanies client on walks
· Cares for a beloved pet
· Maintains client’s comfort and safety
· Provides companionship and is a source of comfort for the client
Personal Care Aide Requirements:
· Prefer our caregivers are vaccinated
· Tuberculosis (TB) test upon hire
· Hoyer lift experience (optional)
· Dementia training or experience (preferred)
· Background check, nationwide
· High school diploma
· Clean driving record and current driver’s license
· Must wear scrubs
· A positive and upbeat attitude!
Our Care Team Benefits:
· Competitive pay
· Flexible schedules (full-time and part-time)
· Paid training
· Clinical support and orientation with each client
· Weekly paychecks
Aides and Companions is an A+ accredited company by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
HCA00807 (Registered with the CT Dept. of Consumer Affairs).
Thank you for your interest.